Izzy has exams at the moment and when she’s revising she likes to graze so I made her some of my easy chocolate fudge last night as a sweet treat. I’ve already done this recipe before but last time, she knew I was making it so it disappeared before I could take a picture! The weather is at last attempting summer so keep these in the fridge to keep them firm.
525g milk chocolate buttons or milk chocolate bars broken up into small pieces. The American measure would be 3 cups.
125g butter (preferably soft/room temperature)
1 tin condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1. Line a square tin, about 8″x8″, with cling film and put to one side. Clear a space in the fridge big enough for said tin!
2. In a glass microwave proof bowl, put the butter, chocolate and condensed milk then pop in the microwave for a minute.
3. Remove from the microwave and stir. Pop back in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir and keep repeating this step until all the chocolate chips have melted and you have a smooth paste.
4. Add the vanilla essence and stir that in well. At this stage, I find that the mixture stops being too sticky against the sides of the bowl. Empty the mixture into the lined tin and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
5. Remove the set fudge from the tin by lifting out the cling film then cut into squares.